Monday, October 29, 2012

Print Making

SELF EVALUATION

 

1.     Describe the overall composition of your artwork (balance, unity, rhythm and movement).I feel like my artwork has a pretty good balance of negitive and positive space, and all the other things. 
  
2.     How did you add texture and contrast to your print? Is this important? Why? To add texture in the print, you had to use a variety of differnet thicknesses' of lines. I added contrast in my print since I used a color for my paper and a color of ink that differs and shows up easily. It is very important to have texture and contrast in each print.

3.     Explain how you used positive and negative space to show your image.
        To get negative space, you cut the parts that you want out from the       linoluim. To get postive space, you leave it untouched in the linoluim.
 
4.     Describe the craftsmanship of your print. (How good the project is technically craftedMost of my prints had good craftmanship since I mostly stayed in the registration marks. I also labeled all of my prints correctly.
 
5.     Were you able to achieve depth by showing a foreground, middle ground and back- ground? Explain. I think I somewhat acheived creating a foreground, since you can tell that the flamingo is in front and the flowers and grass is placed behind it.

6.     Explain your experience with Printmaking. What were the obstacles and advantages? One thing that comes to mind when I think of a obstacle that I faced is that it got messy sometimes. When cutting things out of the linolium there was a lot to throw away by the end of class. One of the advantages of print making was learning new things and techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment